Friday, December 30, 2016

dev blog #23 - into the new year!



2016 

... what a year! As pretty much everybody else too I had my fair share of unpleasant moments this year but I'm happy to say that I can end it on a high note!



Big thank you to all my supporters who made it possible for me to advance the games development in very big steps! You guys are awesome!

When I started the development of the game I didn't think that I would have such a big support coming from the community this early on. The game is in development since October now which is not for very long at all.
In the beginning I didn't think the interest in it would be that high either but as statistics on my blog and Patreon show: you guys want it!
Ranging from an average of 300-600 hits every day to a recent peak of 3.700 hits on my blog alone on the 25th of December I can assume that the interest indeed is high.

And the game isn't even what it's going to be at all yet. Development just scratched the surface of what's going to come and I can assure you that my motivation is very high to deliver you guys even more quality! Despite the actual lack of real content I'm very thankful to all of the Patrons who decided to support me already with a pledge and I won't let you down.

That said, the amount of people who apparently can't or don't want to understand that development of a custom built game engine takes some time is too high but I won't let them drag me down with their impatience or harsh comments!

If you have not checked it out yet I recommend a look at the roadmap where you can see the development schedule and what's going to come (in the next update or later).
My main objective is still to finish up the game engine as soon as possible so I can start pumping out real game content for you. Therefore I have to focus on game engine development critical tasks more than on the creation of new scenes or characters. But that doesn't mean I'll skip those important things either and you can expect new scenes in every update like I did in the previous updates.

Speaking of updates: my plan is to have the game engine "finished" (it won't be really finished until the full game is done) to a point that all the big and gameplay critical features are implemented in around 2-3 Months at latest! (not making any promises here! only promise I can make is that I'll work as hard on this goal as possible)

Because... let's face it: you guys want them boobies!
and you will get them for sure! and they will be glorious! and I'm sure you're going to have as much fun with them as I had creating them for you.

And regarding them boobies: there are many more female characters coming to the game step by step who will be available for action at one point too. But that doesn't force you to engage with them as the main story line will still be evolving around the twins and their relationship progress with each other. The other girls will just be eye candy to spice up the game. And yes... more guys are coming too.

So aside from game engine "milestones" I also updated the "Goals" section on Patreon because I ran into several bottlenecks while rendering the high quality CGI for the game.
While I can render in a somewhat fast speed with my current 2 year old setup (i7-4790k 4x4GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, 2x GTX970, all components watercooled) rendering one image in 720p takes between 30 minutes and 6h. The main bottleneck here is the "small" memory of the GTX970 (3.5 GB) which limits me to CGI with only 2 characters in it because the high quality textures take up alot of that. I couldn't render the "new year 2017" image as one image with all 6 of my current characters in it because that would've needed 7GB of graphics RAM. To render it I rendered each character separate and combined the images afterwards which took me some time. With one or two better graphics cards this bottleneck can be eliminated but the cards I have in mind are very expensive Nvidia Titan X Pascal (but the best bang for your bucks).

So where's all this tech bla bla leading to?
Well... I formed a 3-step computer hardware upgrade plan that (if Patreon support keeps being that awesome) will be leading to better hardware for my render PC and thus faster render times. This ultimately leads to faster update cycles for new scenes and other CGI at your end.

So the most needed hardware upgrade would be one Nvidia Titan X Pascal that would join my two existing GTX970 (I have a spare slot on my motherboard, yay) and that's the goal for upgrade step 1.
The other steps are detailed on my Patreon page so check them out (at the goals section) if you like to know more on that topic.

But enough already with this tech gibberish that doesn't really concern your end of the line!

What's in store for you over the next months? Well I plan to host more polls to give my awesome supporters the opportunity to participate in the creation of the game more! Like the currently active poll you will be able to decide in things like new areas, outfits, characters or even story lines (once ready). In addition I will also continue to post high-res and regular concept and preview renders as I already did this year.

To start fresh into the new year I assembled a free pack of wallpapers that everybody can download. It includes the "new year 2017" image and "single" images for each character without any watermarks... all in 4k resolution (3840x2160) so you can downsize them to whatever resolution you like.

LINK: Mega.nz

PREVIEWS:
New Year 2017


tldr; happy new year everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment